with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Sunday, July 24, 2011

Today is "all gravy" for Hadwin

"Regrets I've had a few but then again too few to mention" the words from the great Sinatra hit 'My Way". One of mine is that in my lifetime I have always had to work for a living and always will, but I often wish I had found the guts to pack it all in and become a full time tour caddy for a year... ( I also wish I had kept up my piano lessons !!)

I have always been a better caddy than a player, and have also spent much of my working days listening, advising and motivating, which are the 3 other things you'd better do as a caddy besides the old "show up, keep up and shut up "

If I were Adam Hadwin's caddy today I would be preaching the fact that this is all gravy, you have already had a great week, nobody expects you to win, so let's have a nice walk in a beautiful setting and have some fun, enjoy this day and the good shots you are going to make..

That thought process is a win win. If we happen to shoot another 68, it might just be our week, if not it's no disgrace to get beat by veteran pros like Ogilvy, Daly, Van Pelt etal..

Keep the pressure off, forget no Canuck has won since '54,let the swing flow, it's all gravy

For a full leaderboard click on PGA Tour
For today's tee  times click http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/r032/tee-times.html

Hadwin is paired with Van Pelt and Romero at 9.50 PST, 1250pm EST..and is 1 shot behind Van Pelt.

By the way for those of you who don't know Anders Romero he is 30, qualified for the PGA tour in 2008 having played most of his career on the European Tour and in South America, you might remember him in the 2007 Open at Carnoustie with Paddy and Sergio when he finished with a double on 17 and a bogey on 18 to miss out on the playoff. He is from Argentina and is more than capable of winning today. He has 8 pro wins including 1 on this tour at the 2008 Zurich.


1 Bo Van Pelt -5 F -5
2 Adam Hadwin -2 F -4
T3 Kris Blanks -1 F -3
T3 Andres Romero -3 F -3
T5 John Daly -3 F -2
T5 Sean O'Hair -4 F -2
T5 Geoff Ogilvy E F -2
T5 Aron Price -1 F -2
T9 Ryan Moore -3 F -1
T9 David Mathis -1 F -1

Bryan Angus also on twitter@mummmbles

No comments:

Post a Comment