with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Saturday, July 30, 2011

McIlroy and McDowell get back in contention at the Irish Open

Graeme McDowell (66) and Rory McIlroy (68) moved up the leaderboard giving the Irish fans two of their favourites to cheer for as they stand 6 shots off the pace, set by Marcel Siem, at -4

Darren Clarke who has been suffering from the flu and Paddy Harrington who is having an indifferent year both missed the cut.

McIlroy said: “I'm only six back going into the weekend so I have a great chance – we all know how much can happen in 36 holes so if I can get out there on Saturday and make a good start I really feel like I can post a number. To play in front of these crowds is phenomenal and that's one of the great things about the Irish Open, the crowds turn up in force, and it's really a great atmosphere to play in.”

Meanwhile Marcel Siem (66) had a strong finish, picking up three shots in his last three holes to take the lead at -10. He has only 1 win and that was back in 2004.

First round leader Jeev Milkha Singh (70) and Danish Ryder Cup star Søren Hansen (66) are a shot further back.

For a complete leaderboard click on European Tour

Bryan Angus also on twitter@mummmbles

No comments:

Post a Comment