with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Thursday, February 28, 2019

American Kurt Kitayama leads at the Oman Open

European Tour Oman Open leaderboard http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2019/tournamentid=2019022/leaderboard/index.html#/leaderboard

Kurt Kitayama got off to another fast start as he fired a -6 66 to take the first round lead at the Oman Open. The American came through all three stages of Qualifying School in 2018 and was a winner in just his third European Tour start at the Afrasia Bank Mauritius Open.
 
He made an eagle and four birdies to get to -6 a shot ahead of Scotsman Scott Jamieson and Japan's Yusaku Miyazato.

Jamieson and Miyazato had set the target in the morning and Kitayama's effort was all the more impressive considering he had to tackle the higher winds on the Muscat coast.

I’m delighted with that. Conditions were pretty tough so to be bogey free was really good. My putting was great, I had great speed. I made a few putts outside ten feet so that was really nice."

I have a few more opportunities to play after my win. It makes it easier to plan my schedule but it’s my first year and I want to see most of the courses to plan for next year. I can understand why the guys rave about this golf course. It’s in great shape and it doesn’t get much purer than this.”

There are no Canadians in the field.

Bryan Angus
(europeantour.com)



No comments:

Post a Comment