with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Friday, February 8, 2019

Mike Weir drops back in round 2 in the wind at Panama Championship

Web.com Panama Championship leaderboard https://www.pgatour.com/webcom/tournaments/panama-championship.html

After opening with a solid -6 66 in windy conditions to sit T2 at the Web.com Panama Championship, Mike Weir has just completed his 2nd round with  +3 73 currently T20 -1. He went out in even par 35, but had 3 bogeys at 14 16 and 17 coming in at 38.

He was out in the early wave, so we'll see how the rest of the field makes out on one of this tour's toughest courses in very windy conditions. The cut is currently projected at +2.

After his opening round yesterday he had this to say. “My ball striking was great today. I hit all but one fairway and all but one green, I was pin high a lot and had a lot of close chances today. It was really all ball striking out there today.

Despite being one of the shorter hitters in the field, the 48-year-old mentioned he feels comfortable in the windy conditions at the Club de Golf de Panamá.“I have a lower ball flight, so I don’t have to change too much. I think the firm conditions help me because I don’t hit it high but can still get some roll. I’ve always seemed to play well in tougher conditions.”

New Zealand’s Tim Wilkinson putted the lights out with a -5 65 to take the first-round lead.

Canadians : Michael Gligic shot E 70, Albin Choi 72 69 +1, Brad Fritsch 72 70 +2, Ryan Yip 76 73 MC


Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment