with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Monday, February 11, 2019

Good guy Micheal Gligic wins the Web.com Panama Championship

I mentioned earlier last week that Mike Weir who has such a good record at Pebble Beach doesn't qualify for an invite there anymore, instead he continues his sojourn on the Web.com and opened with a solid 66 in very windy conditions. He faded away from the lead as the week went on, however another Canadian did anything but.

Micheal Gligic, now 29, shot 70 70, then 67 65 on the weekend for his first victory on the Web.com Tour in his first career start at the Panamá Championship. The journeyman has spent nearly 10 years between tours before earning Web.com Tour status with a T13 finish at the Web.com Tour Qualifying Tournament last December.

I still can’t really believe it, to be honest. You come to every golf tournament to win and to actually do it is a whole different ball game, and it’s really overwhelming,” Gligic said. “I knew I was right there, and every shot really counted. I gave it my all and fortunately I was good by one shot.”

Gligic, is from Burlington, but resides in Kitchener,  finished at -8 272 at the Panama Golf Club, one shot better than Xinjun Zhang of China.

This win will go a long way to gaining PGA Tour status in 2020. Well done Micheal, and how good is the Canadian pro game looking these days !

Bryan Angus
(notes from canadianpress.)





No comments:

Post a Comment