with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Saturday, February 16, 2019

Mike Weir is in contention at the Suncoast Classic... Web.com live scoreboard

Web.com Suncoast Classic live scoreboard https://www.pgatour.com/webcom/tournaments/lecom-suncoast-classic/leaderboard.html

Mike Weir is T8 after two rounds of the Web.com Tour’s LECOM Suncoast Classic.
after rounds of 66-68 -10. He trails the leaders by 6 shots as round 3 gets under way today.  He is playing in his third straight Web.com event. He T41st last week at the Panama Championship, but M/C in Colombia.

"I’m excited about my game and I love to compete,” Weir said. “The PGA Tour Champions is less than a year and a half away for me, so I want to be sharp for that. And who knows, if I play well enough out here I could get my PGA Tour card back at 49 years old, which would be pretty fun"

As I mentioned yesterday he is taking advantage of a new category that gives the top three players on the PGA Tour career money list ages 48 and 49 eligibility for most Web.com events. He is 38th on that list and with many ahead of him still able to play the PGA Tour, he can use the rule to get into as many as 20 events.

So far he is E today through 7 holes. Michael Gligic 72 67 -5. Albin Choi, Ryan Yip and Brad Fritsch all missed the cut.

Follow the live scoring link above

Bryan Angus


No comments:

Post a Comment