with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Friday, February 13, 2015

Pete and Alice Dye to build course "north of Toronto"

As the Golf Channel continues to grow and emerge, many staffers have come and gone, one new guy I've really enjoy is Matt Ginella who has just wrapped up Architects II week. Matt has been lucky enough to travel the world playing and reporting on his travels and he has learned, like all of us who have played in places like Britain, Spain, Portugal, to appreciate the game from an international perspective, which is refreshing on a channel totally dedicated to golf and far to often from a totally American point of view. (Golf Channel broadcasts from studio's out of Florida)


This morning he posted his review of the week and it included this nugget..


It's hard to believe that after 65 years of marriage and both pressing 90 years old, Pete and Alice Dye are currently working on 13 new projects, including three new courses, one of which is north of Toronto. (Alice Dye, soon to be 88, just renewed her passport.)


Stay tuned I have my sleuths out to find out where and why. I just spoke to my pal Ian Hutchinson, veteran golf writer and host of his blog http://GolfNewsNow and it was news to him..


I find it hard to believe he would be building another high end Muskoka project considering the difficulties that market is experiencing.


Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment