with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Sunday, February 22, 2015

Ko wins Aussie Open !

LPGA Tour Women's Australian Open final scoreboard http://espn.go.com/golf/leaderboard?tour=lpga


Kiwi Lydia Ko has added another national title to her young resume while most of you slept, shooting a -2 71 for a two-stroke victory over South Korea's Amy Yang for the Women's Australian Open. She already has won 2 Canadian Opens.


She ended up with a 72-hole total of -9 283 at Royal Melbourne. Yang shot a final-round 72. Pehaps the turning point came when the leading groups were making the turn, play was suspended for about an hour due to nearby thunderstorms and the threat of lightning.


"I think that break was really good for me," Ko said. "I had some lunch and got my stuff together there and I played much better after that."


World #1 Ko also is the youngest golfer to win a professional event after capturing the New South Wales Open when she was merely 14.


Canada's Alena Sharp finished T37 at +7


Bryan Angus (files from BBC, Reuters, AP, lpgatour.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment