with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Sunday, March 10, 2019

Sensational Molinari returns to win Arnold Palmer Invitational

PGA Tour Arnold Palmer Invitational final leaderboard https://www.pgatour.com/competition/2019/arnold-palmer-invitational-presented-by-mastercard/leaderboard.html

After being named as the best golfer in the world last season..5-0 hero of the Ryder Cup..Open Champion...Winner of the Race to Dubai...multiple winner on European and PGA Tours. .Francesco (Frankie) Molinari posted a brilliant -8 64 including a Tiger like 45' curling birdie 3 at the 72nd to beat a pack of his European Tour teammates and friends to win Arnie's Invitational for 2019. (and I don't hate to say I told you so !)

"It is very special to get a win here at this place," Molinari said. "I know I'm saying the same things but the team around me just keeps pushing me and we are not done yet, it's as simple as that.
The 36 year old also credited the hard work in the off season for his chip in at the eighth hole, he added: "(It is) Massive, massive. I did a lot of work over the winter on my technique. The chipping is improving, it was an area where I thought it could get a little better but it is just a process. 
It's great, but that's why we planned the winter that we did. For me, golf is the number one priority and we work hard in the off time, especially after Christmas.
I've never started the seasons too quickly, to win in two or three events is something new and hopefully it is a sign of things to come in the season."

Featuring his straight and sneaky long drives.. world class iron play and the best putter of the week...neither Rory (72 -8) or Tommy (68 -9) or Rafa (69 -9) or Matthew (71 -10) could catch him..Keith Mitchell to his credit closed with the 2nd lowest round of the day -6 66 -8 T6 after his win at the Honda last week.

It was an incredible week for the European Tour with 10 /14 players in the top 10 holding or have held membership in their tour. The top 5 were all European.

Canadian scores: Roger Sloan 70 69 74 71 -4 T23, Adam Hadwin 70 75 68 73 -2 T33

Bryan Angus


No comments:

Post a Comment