with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Friday, March 1, 2019

Ben Silverman is T2 at the Honda Classic after round 1... live scoring link

PGA Tour Honda Classic leaderboard https://www.pga.com/news/golf-leaderboard/pga-tour-leaderboard

Ben Silverman didn't even know he was playing in this Honda Classic, as of Tuesday morning he was the 1st alternative.

He's made the most of his selection firing a -4 66 on the PGA National to sit T2 in a group that includes ever green Ernie Els, two shots behind 34 year old Venezuelan Jonathan Vegas who took advantage of benign conditions for a bogey free -6 64.

"Me and my caddie have a great strategy for this week for kind of moving forward"

Silverman has been living Florida for 13 years, having gone to Atlantic State University.

It’s really comfortable. It’s like a second home. I’ve been here since ’06, and I’m 31, so it’s almost half my life I’ve been down here really, so I’m used to the weather, I’m used to the Bermuda (grass), the style of course, and I’ve played this course a ton of times – mini-tour events plus Q-school.”.

"I’m slowly getting more comfortable out here. I know the courses now, so I’m working more on my game in the practice area and less on practice rounds, and I think it’s going to pay off moving forward"

Monday qualifier Drew Nesbitt and Roger Sloan each shot +1 71, Nick Taylor and Adam Svensson had 72 and Mackenzie Hughes carded a 76


Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment