with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Tuesday, September 11, 2018

The Justin Rose story..

This morning Justin Rose, Rosey to his pals, the young man that we first saw in 1998 as a 17 year old amateur when he holed out his wedge to finish T4 in the Open at Birkdale, has been crowned the world's #1 player after his 2nd place finish at the BMW Championship this weekend.

I remember doing my detective work and finding his number in a little town called Hook in England. I called him to come on with us on our Fairways show the following Saturday morning. His father Ken came to the phone to vet my call and a moment later the shy 17 year old was on the line..

The big question was would he be turning pro or continuing his amateur career. He'd been breaking par and winning his club championship since he was 13.

Here is his story from the europeantour.com http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/news/newsid=357084.html


Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment