with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Sunday, August 30, 2026

Rory is the Saturday story once again....Packed leaderboard for Sunday's Tour Championship...54 hole results

     PGA Tour Championship  FedExCup Leaderboard 

Rory McIlroy shot a weekend 63 66 in 2022 to win his record 3rd Tour Championship, beating Scott Scheffler and Sungjae Im by a shot.

Rory McIlroy-2286420583

He's right back at it, finding his swing and suddenly after being last in the field in putting, gained 4 shots on everyone with a magnificent -7 63, to move into contention at -10, with a chance at his 4th title.

Tour Championship

With 4 birdies on his front nine and 5 more coming home, he gave us his summation. " I left myself in better spots on the greens, gave myself easier putts, and when I got rolling on the back it seemed like every putt was cup right or a cup left."

I played well the last couple of days but didn't get as much out of it as I would have liked. Today I pieced it together and obviously had a much better score"

LEADERS

By the time the day was over Rory's -10 finds him T7.

Viktor Hovland Image source,Getty Images
Image caption,

Viktor Hovland is yet to win a major

Viktor Hovland who leads 64 66 65 -15 is delighted with his game, for a change, in particular his short game. "When I do miss a drive, I have been able to recover, and my putting has been great."

Ryan Gerard, 2nd with 65 65 66 -14 has been right with him all week.

There are 4 players T3, with a wonderful story emerging for 46 year old Aussie, Adam Scott 66 67 65 -12, along with Ludvig Aberg, Chris Gotterup and Scott Scheffler, who continues to complain angrily, about routine misses ! Would you if you just had $23,000,000 deposited in your bank account ?

With weather being a non issue, hot sunny with a slight breeze, it should end up being a cavalry charge to the final hole of this 2026 season.

Bryan Angus


No comments:

Post a Comment