LPGA : CPKC Women's Open
Japanese leader Miyu Yamashita is not quite 5 feet tall, but her game is big time, the former Women's British Open champion followed up her course-record 62 opener with Friday’s 64 for the runaway 5 shot lead at this CPKC Women's Open at -14. Her 126 score sets a new tournament record.

“I’m really happy about this result, and with two rounds to go (I) just want to focus on my game and keep playing like this,” Yamashita said.
She held a five-stroke lead on fellow Japanese, Yuri Yoshida, Kiara Romero of the United States, South Korea’s Soo Bin Joo who were all trailing at -9.
CANADIANS
Meanwhile defending champion Brooke Henderson, 28-year-old from Smiths Falls, Ont has a lot of work to do, seeking a third career win in Canada’s LPGA tournament.
She shot 68 on Friday to sit nine strokes off the lead at -5.
“We’ll see what the damage is after today, but it’s only half over at this point, so I just have to go low myself, I feel like my game is in a pretty good spot. Maybe try to be a bit more aggressive and see if we can climb.” Henderson said
Anna Huang did more than make the cut, as the 17-year-old from Vancouver is the top Canadian heading into Saturday’s third round after she posted a second-round 68 on Friday to get to -7 T7.
The 4 time winner on the LET said "Going into this week, making the cut was my biggest goal,” Huang said. “So now that I’ve got that down, I’m just going to try to chase up the leaderboard this weekend.”
Calgary’s Aphrodite Deng, who was the Canadian tournament’s low amateur last year in Mississauga, Ont., shot 67 to get to -3.
Savannah Grewal of Mississauga -1, Maude-Aimee Leblanc of Sherbrooke, Que.,-1 and amateurs Michelle Xing of Richmond Hill, Ont.,-2 and Clairey Lin of Langley, B.C.,E, made the cut.
The top 65 players and ties made the cut at the US$2.75-million event.
Donna Spencer (Canadian Press)
Bryan Angus (edit)
No comments:
Post a Comment