LPGA : CPKC Women's Open
Miyu Yamashita’s first trip to Canada was a successful one.

The 25-year-old from Japan won the CPKC Women’s Open in Edmonton on Sunday.
Yamashita claimed her fourth LPGA Tour victory and second this year with a dominating performance at the Royal Mayfair Golf Club in soaking wet Edmonton.
She shot a -4 66 in Sunday’s fourth round to finish -23 in the US$2.75-million tournament.
Leading by six strokes after three rounds, Yamashita won by 9 over her countrywoman and runner-up Yuri Yoshida at -14
“I’m really happy to win in Canada,” Yamashita said through an interpreter. “A lot of people came out to support me and I was able to enjoy playing today and then throughout the week.”
The four-foot-11 Yamashita took the Meijer LPGA Classic in June in Michigan after winning the Women’s British Open and Maybank Championship in 2025 to earn Rookie of the Year.
Yamashita became the fastest Japanese player to reach four LPGA wins and her four-day score of 257 in Edmonton tied the lowest all time on the LPGA Tour.
*****What many in the UK and North America did not know is that she is a 13 time winner at home on the JLPGA, and Player of the Year in 2022, 2023.
CANADIANS
Vancouver’s Anna Huang posted a -5 65 to finish at -12 as the top Canadian in a T4. She claimed her fourth LET win in 11 months in early August, and became the youngest to win four
Calgary’s Aphrodite Deng finished with a 69 to get to -11 T7. She was the low amateur in the tournament for a second straight year.
Two-time winner Brooke Henderson turned in an even par 70 in the final round to finish at -7, T13th.
“I hit the ball really well this week. I feel like I didn’t get everything out of it that maybe I should have. But that’s really exciting going forward knowing that my ball striking is in a good spot and in four days I get to try again and tee it up again in Boston and hopefully make some putts and go low there.”
" It’s amazing to see so many Maple Leafs at the top of the leaderboard,” Henderson said. “It’s really cool to see that and to be a part of it, and I feel like the future is really bright for the next few years.”
Michelle Xing, an 18-year-old amateur from Richmond Hill, Ont., was -6 under after her front nine Sunday and went -3 under in the tournament.
Savannah Grewal of Mississauga, Ont., and 16-year-old amateur Clairey Lin of Langley, B.C., both finished +3..
Maude-Aimee Leblanc of Sherbrooke, Que., was +4
*** Not to be seen on TV, Edmonton's historic rainfall left stagnant water near some areas of the course, where mosquitos were breeding, and were of great discomfort to the players and fans alike at times this week.
The 2027 CPKC Women’s Open will be at the Royal Ottawa Golf Club in Gatineau, Que
Donna Spencer (Canadian Press)
Bryan Angus (edit)
No comments:
Post a Comment