with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Sunday, March 3, 2024

American Jordan Gumberg wins SDC Championship in a playoff... Results / Prize money

 DP World Tour : SDC Championship Results

American Jordan Gumberg secured his maiden DP World Tour title after beating home favourite Robin Williams in a play-off to win the 2024 SDC Championship.

Jordan Gumberg

The 28-year-old started the day three shots off the lead but fired a flawless 68 on Sunday before holing his birdie putt from around 15 feet at the second extra hole to enter the winner's circle.

Williams had led for much of the day after carding four early birdies but he surrendered a double bogey at the 17th to finish alongside Gumberg on -12 after 72 holes.

And after both men safely parred the first play-off hole, Gumberg rolled in his putt to seal the win. worth approx. $257,000 US.

edit ****The 29 year old hails from Coconut Creek in Florida, 60 kilometers north of Miami, is ranked 669 owgr and 15th Race to Dubai. 

Frenchman David Ravetto finished alone in third place on ten under after signing for a closing 70.

An emotional Gumberg said at the trophy presentation: "I'm so thankful to be standing here.

"It means everything. I never really got this far in my dreams. So I'm kind of at a loss for words but it means everything.

"It's what we fight for every day, it's what we practice for, it's the early hours, the late hours, everything. This is incredible.

"I want to thank my fiancée, first and foremost, she's amazing. I wouldn't be here without her. And my family back home. My dad has put so much into my golf game and just to be standing here for him and my mum and everybody just means the world."

europeantour.com

Bryan Angus (edit)

No comments:

Post a Comment