with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Saturday, March 10, 2018

Shubhankar Sharma leads Hero Indian Open

European Tour Hero Indian Open leaderboard http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2018/tournamentid=2018022/leaderboard/index.html#/leaderboard

He's at it again! 21 year old Indian sensation Shubhankar Sharma's fabulous 2018 season continues after an E 72 he sits atop the leaderboard in New Delhi at the Hero Indian Open along with England's Matt Wallace (70) at -7 with a round to play.

On a difficult day for scoring with swirling winds and difficult pins, Emiliano Grillo entered round three four shots ahead but he ended it two behind after 4 bogey's and 2 doubles  +6 78 that was indicative of the scoring on a day when just nine players broke par.
 
Sharma will be cheered on by a New Delhi crowd urging him to win for the 3rd time this year. Remember last week at the WGC Mexico Championship he led for 3 rounds before slipping up in the fourth as he was caught and passed by eventual winner Phil Mickelson.
 
He made headlines all across the USA and around the world when he was offered a place in this year's Masters. He leads the Race to Dubai and had  this to say in his post round interview.
 
" I’m just looking forward to playing out there again. I just want to have fun. It’s the second week in the row I’m in the leading group. I’m going to draw from my experiences last week. I know it’s going to be a battle out there tomorrow and I’ll be ready for it. I kept telling my caddie that this is our home course, you can’t overpower this course. So, I told myself, just hang in there. I will hit a few bad shots and I understand that it’s all part of the game. You just have to stay patient."

Bryan Angus
(notes from europeantour.com)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment