with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Wednesday, March 7, 2018

India's Shubhankar Sharma gets a special invite to the Masters.

 
This week's stop on the European Tour is in New Delhi at the Hero Indian Open which may feel like a fifth Major Championship to Shubhankar Sharma but the rising star is already targeting victory in one of golf's big four.
 
The Race to Dubai Rankings presented by Rolex leader has enjoyed a mereoric rise of late, winning the Joburg Open to earn himself a place at the Open Championship and following that up with a win at the Maybank Championship.
 
A top ten on debut at last week's WGC-Mexico Championship after holding the 54-hole lead saw his stock rise even further, so much so he has been handed a special invitation to the Masters Tournament in April.

With two wins under his belt and two Majors on his calendar, the 21 year old has every reason to feel confident and he insists he will not just be making up the numbers on the biggest stage.

"I'm very happy. I got the call yesterday after I landed," he said. "I was very tough on myself on the flight, I wasn't too happy with the way I finished the tournament but when I got the call all the pain washed away and I was very happy that I made it to the Masters. It's every golfer's dream to get to the Masters and I'm very happy.

The Open Championship is my favourite Major but you can't compare a Major to another Major. I remember all the nights that I woke up and saw the Masters and the US Open and PGA. The Masters has the same feel to it as Wimbledon for tennis.

It's a dream come true that I'm into Majors and hopefully I'll get into the US Open and the PGA as well. In golf, anything is possible. Now that I've won on a high stage and I've competed with the best in the world at the WGC, I feel like if I play my best for four days it will be good enough to contend anywhere in the world. "

Bryan Angus
(europeantour.com)



No comments:

Post a Comment