with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Friday, March 9, 2018

India's Shubhankar Sharma shoots record 64, Grillo leads Hero Open

European Tour Hero Indian Open leaderboard http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2018/tournamentid=2018022/leaderboard/index.html#/leaderboard

Emiliano Grillo as I mentioned yesterday is playing this Hero Indian Open on a sponsors invite this week and is making the very most of his opportunity, posting rounds of -7 65 and -4 68 to get to -11 under with a 4 shot lead, which may have been more if it weren't for Indian sensation Shubhankar Sharma.

Maybe it was jet lag but Sharma, who represents DLF Golf and Country Club struggled to +5 on his first nine holes on Thursday. He fought back and posted  +1 73.

Today he was -2 34 on his front nine then the form he displayed for 3 rounds to lead the WGC Mexico came flowing back and he came home in -6 30 to post a new course record of 64 and emerge as the nearest challenger to Grillo at -7.

"Today’s round will definitely rank up there as one of my most significant achievements, especially when it is played at this course. This is a tough course and it is not easy to go low here. I’m very happy with the way I played. I've shot a few low numbers in my career and this one is right in my top five.

If you told me I would be seven under par going into the weekend after being five over par on my opening nine holes yesterday, I would just have laughed. To be able to bounce back is really important, I knew I was playing well and I had to push myself a little."

Spaniard Pablo Larrazábal and England's Andrew Johnston were then at -6 after rounds of 71 and 66 respectively.
 
Bryan Angus
(notes from europeanntour.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment