with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Friday, April 7, 2023

"A day to go low" at Augusta.. Weir leads Canadians.. full scoreboard. Friday tee times

 Masters. Friday tee times/ scoreboard  here.

Tiger summed it up " Today was the day to go low, the guys were going low today, and I didnt"

Weather :

With poor weather moving in tee times this morning have been moved up 30 minutes. 90% chance of rain, scattered thunderstorms, temperature in the mid 70's, cooling off over the weekend with 100% chance of rain on Saturday, and a wind gusting as high as 28kph. 

I'm watching the early starters as I write this morning, and it looks hazy, light breeze, spectators all in shorts, warm so very gettable. Remember as this day goes on,, if there is thunder and lightning in the area, they will suspend play, so that could be a big factor.

Thursday story: 

Norway's greatest golfer Viktor Hovland, Jon Rahm who started with a double, and the LIV star Brooks Koepka all made the most of it with -7 65 to lead.

Jason Day in form again, Cameron Young, under rated in my opinion both -5 67

Seven make up the -4s 68, including defending champion Scottie Scheffler, in form Sam Burns and Xander Schauffele, Adam Scott, Shane Lowry, Gary Woodland and the American  amateur Sam Bennett who started birdie, eagle !

In all 36 players broke par, and as the weekend goes on, everyone of those strokes will be like money in the bank.

Canadians: Friday Tee times

Mike Weir T37 E 72  10.36 playing with a marker as Kevin Na W/D. 

Weirsy had 3 birdies and 3 bogey's and played very well. He had this to say " Greens were perfect, course is in the best shape I've seen it in a long time, very healthy it's wonderful out there. I want to make the cut, the last two years I've only missed by a shot or two. I felt like I didn't take advantage of how well I played today, I had a couple of 3 putts. I'd like to sharpen up my short game just a bit, that's how I can score well here, with wedges and good putting"

Corey Connors T44 +1 73 9.36  " I felt like I played well, I hit a lot of good shots, got it in good position off the tee. I didn't really capitalize on any chances, hit a couple of sloppy ones, missing the green with short irons on the last 2 holes, but it was close"

Adam Svensson T61 +3 75 12.06   A horrible start for Adam 5 bogey front nine 41, but then his fightback with 4 birdies and 2 bogey's on the back for 34. He will need to be better today to make the cut.

Mac Hughes T71 +4 76 12.18  With 6 bogey's and just 1 birdie at the par 3 16th Mac will have hie work cut out to make the top50 and ties for the weekend.

Notables:

Rory McIlroy E72, Tiger Woods +2 74, Sergio Garcia +2 74, Jordan Spieth, Justin Rose -3 69

Bryan Angus


No comments:

Post a Comment