with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Rickie Fowler replaces Brooks Koepka on US Presidents Cup team

Presidents Cup rosters https://www.presidentscup.com/

Brooks Koepka has been trying to rehab his knee injury, but with less than a month to go until the Presidents Cup in Melbourne (December 9-15) he has contacted captain Tiger Woods to withdraw.

Woods then advised us that he has replaced Koepka with Rickie Fowler who hasn't played for a couple of months after getting married and going on an extensive honeymoon.

Here is Koepka's statement:

"Today, I am announcing my withdrawal from the U.S. Presidents Cup Team because of my knee injury.  I notified Captain Tiger Woods that despite constant medical care and rehab, I am not able to play golf at this time.  I consider it to be a high honor to be part of the 2019 team and I regret not being able to compete.
Since my injury in Korea, I have been in constant contact with Tiger and assured him that I was making every effort to be 100 percent in time for the Presidents Cup in Australia.  However, I need more time to heal.
I’m sorry I won’t be able to represent the Red, White and Blue this time around and I wish my teammates nothing but the best as they work to retain the Presidents Cup for the USA.”
Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment