with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Saturday, November 2, 2019

Consistent McIlroy leads WGC HSBC Champions into final round

WGC HSBC Champions leaderboard https://www.pgatour.com/competition/2020/wgc-hsbc-champions/leaderboard.html

" Rory is playing very well unfortunately, he's playing very annoying! "

Those words from Matthew Fitzpatrick who is T3 at -13 with Xander Schauffele two of several star players trying to catch world #2 Rory McIlroy who posted his third straight 67 and leads this WGC HSBC Champions by a shot at -15.

He'll be in the final pairing with Louis Oosthuizen whose 65 -14 is good for 2nd place.

McIlroy was saying how proud he is this year with his consistency. Apart from his 3 wins he has 17 top 10's. " I feel like I've taken it to a new level "

He also said he learned a lot from his win at the RBC Canadian Open when he was tied for the lead heading into the final round. " I made up my mind to keep my foot down on the pedal, to go for everything I could. That was a good lesson "

Corey Connors has slipped back 13 shots behind, to 214, 67 73 74  and Adam Hadwin 74,77,69 +4 is well back T60.


Bryan Angus


No comments:

Post a Comment