with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Friday, January 17, 2020

Koepka shoots 75, DeChambeau misses the cut at Abu Dhabi Championship.. live scoreboard

European Tour Abu Dhabi Championship leaderboard https://www.europeantour.com/european-tour/

As a former Director of Phys. Ed and life long gym rat my spidey senses were tingling  when I saw Bryson DeChambeau return to play this year with an additional 30 pounds of muscle, which is an awful lot in just 4 months by just taking your vitamins and working out hard, if you know what I mean...

In his first outing of 2020 he has gone 72 77 to miss the cut by 5 shots at the Abu Dhabi Championship, so we'll see how good his decision was as this year progresses, he defends his title next week in Oman..

Brooks Koepka was as poor today as he was good yesterday, 66,75 -3 T35, saying he was feeling a little stiff  which is understandable having been off since October.

The leader by 1 shot won the Challenge Tour last year, 29 year old Italian, Francesco LaPorta  71 63 -10 who closed with 5 straight birdies. Matthew Fitzpatrick is at -9, with Rafa Cabrera Bello.


"I just want to enjoy the weekend, I played solid all 18 holes, my putting was solid, my driver, my irons. I gave myself a lot of opportunities for birdies and so when I had the opportunities, I took them. Every time I was putting for birdie, I made it. It was a great day.

There is a strong contingent of 10 within 3 shots of him including Sergio Garcia 66 69 -8, Louis Oosthuizen 69 68 -7, and Patrick Cantley 71,66 -7.

Bryan Angus




No comments:

Post a Comment