with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Friday, January 24, 2020

Home cooking suits Jessica Korda at windy Gainsbridge LPGA... Brooke Henderson at even par.

Gainsbridge LPGA at Boca Rio leaderboard https://www.lpga.com/

With 14 pars, 2 birdies and 2 bogey's Brooke Henderson has opened her week at the brand new Gainsbridge LPGA at Boca Rio with a par 72 T27. She drove well with 12/14 fairways hit in high winds, and hit 15/18 greens in regulation but 34 putts will need improving.

The Korda family live just down the road at Bradenton, and Jessica is enjoying being able to sleep in her own bed this week. She had glittering -6 66 to grab the lead heading into today's 2nd round. 

Play was suspended because of darkness due to a 40 minute rain delay with 12 players still on course, 2 rookies, Yui Kawamoto from Japan and Patty Tavatanakit from Thailand who won 3 times last year on the Symetra Tour are 2 back along with Korean Sei Youg Kim with -4 68.  Alena Sharp shot +1 73 T68.

"It's beautiful to be able to drive to a tournament," Korda said. "Doesn't happen that often, at least in my own car. So yeah, it's been really nice. And I'm staying at home this week, which is even nicer.
"It's kind of weird actually staying at home because I don't really know what to do. It's not like a hotel room where everything is like everything is in its space and you only bring a certain amount of things. All of a sudden I have all these options. I don't really know what to do with that right now, but I'm still trying to prepare the way that I would in the hotel."

Bryan Angus


.

No comments:

Post a Comment