with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Friday, September 11, 2026

Shane Lowry leads the Friday wrap Amgen Irish Open....36 hole results/ Saturday leaderboard

    DP World Tour: Amgen Irish Open  Tee Times Leaderboard

Shane Lowry will take a three stroke lead into the weekend after delighting the home crowds on day two of the Amgen Irish Open with a course record 62.

The Irishman made nine birdies and one bogey at Trump International Golf Links & Hotel, Ireland, Doonbeg to set the target at -11 as he leads Haotong Li, Jacob Skov Olesen and Niklas Nørgaard.

Shane Lowry holds half-way lead with course record 62 at Doonbeg

The 39‑year‑old, who famously won this event as an amateur in 2009 and has played every edition since, followed up an opening 67 on Thursday by taking advantage of the easier conditions and setting the tone for the early groups on Friday.

“It was nice. It was real fun out there,” he said of his fourth ever 62 on the DP World Tour.

“I got off to a nice start and then I just kept going. I felt great out there. Just kept my foot on the gas and tried to keep hitting good shots and keep holing putts.

“I liked the little birdie I made on 15 after the mistake I made on 13. Also, I think my par putt on 10 was probably my highlight of the day. After getting pretty unlucky with my second shot, I think I did a great job making par there.”

“The crowds were amazing out there today,” he said. “They support me along the way and it was nice to give them something to shout about."

Leading the chasing pack for much of the morning was Haotong Li, whose eagle-birdie-birdie run from the 10th helped him into contention on his way to a -7 63

Alongside Li are Danish pair Jacob Skov Olesen and Niklas Nørgaard, who both finished in a T2 at the Husqvarna British Masters a couple of weeks ago, and carded a pair of 64s. 

While Olesen put together a burst of birdies on his back nine from the 14th to 16th holes, it was Nørgaard  who got late cheers from the crowds after scaring the hole at the 18th and capping off his round with a closing birdie to join the chasing pack.

Rasmus Højgaard, who posted an impressive 63 on Friday, enters the weekend as part of group a shot further back on -7 alongside first round leader Joaquin Niemann, Tom McKibbin, Ewen Ferguson and Kazuma Kobori.

Race to Dubai leader Patrick Reed is currently T10 on -6 with Andy Sullivan, Rasmus Neergaard-Petersen and Jens Dantorp.

europeantour.com

Bryan Angus (edit)

No comments:

Post a Comment