with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Saturday, September 19, 2026

Italian, Spaniard lead in England at BMW PGA Championship...Sunday TEE TIMES

    DP World Tour: BMW PGA Championship  Leaderboard Tee Times

Filippo Celli and Manuel Elvira will share the lead heading into the final round of the BMW PGA Championship but the duo have a high-class leaderboard breathing down their necks at Wentworth Club.

Elvira and Celli

On a day when when a host of players shared the lead, the playing partners both birdied the last to get to -13, and sit one ahead of Major champion JJ Spaun, Spaniard Alejandro del Rey and American Johannes Veerman -12.

Rory McIlroy finished birdie-eagle to get to -11 alongside fellow Masters champion Adam Scott, American Davis Bryant, Chilean Joaquin Niemann and Norway's Kristoffer Reitan.

Italian Celli and Spaniard Elvira carded rounds of 69 and 68 respectively and will go out together again on Sunday as they both look for a first DP World Tour win at the third Rolex Series event of the season.

Celli - the Silver Medallist at The 2022 Open Championship - is playing his second full season on Tour after coming through the Qualifying School in 2023 and regaining his card via the HotelPlanner Tour last year, the 26-year-old is 116th on the Race to Dubai Rankings.

"I can't wait, honestly, because it's going to be very good," he said. "I will try to be in the present, you know, and try to enjoy every single minute and see what happens."

He added: "I'm very happy because today it was very tough. It was windy, tricky out there. So I'm happy how I handled life's situation out there. Sometimes the wind changed a bit so it wasn't easy.

Elvira - brother of three-time DP World Tour winner Nacho - is playing his third season on Tour snce graduating from the HotelPlanner Tour in 2023 and has three top tens in 2026.

"I think I'm ready," he said of the chance to win one of the DP World Tour's most prestigious events. "I've been playing well the last few weeks. Obviously the results were not really coming my way but I just managed to stay patient this week and just have fun."

American Spaun carded a 68 with five birdies and a single bogey while McIlroy signed for a 69, Bryant and Niemann recorded rounds of 67 and Scott went round in 71.

There were 25 players within five shots of the lead including Major champions Ryan Fox, Aaron Rai and Matt Fitzpatrick.

europeantour.com

Bryan Angus (edit)


No comments:

Post a Comment