with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Thursday, April 4, 2019

Graham DeLaet expects to return to PGA Tour in September. His back history..

Good news via twitter (what else !) yesterday from Graham DeLaet who has been on the DL since October 2017 with a serious back injury. He had back surgery in 2010 that caused him to miss the entire 2011 season.

He then underwent a steam cell injection in California late in 2017 and although the healing process was supposed to be just over a week, he continued to experience tenderness and discomfort through the early part of 2018. The procedure didn't work forcing Graham to look at alternative options to aid in his recovery.

In July 2018 he opted for the same surgery he had in 2010 on a different disc. "Recent
imaging has shown that my stem cell injection treatment from late last year has not helped regenerate my L4-L5 disc and in fact it has gotten worse. I've seen multiple doctors over the last few months with hopes of getting pain free so I can play again.

As a result I have decided to go with an L4-L5 microdiscectomy surgery. It's the same one I had on a different disc."

Here is his post @GrahamDelaet from yesterday :

" I've been receiving a lot of questions  about when I will be returning to golf so I wanted to give an update. My recovery has been slower than expected, but I am getting better each day. Based on  my progress and based on discussions with my team it looks like I will be back for the 2019-20 season in September. I want to thank everyone for their support and I cant wait to get back to doing what I love, playing the game!. Huge thanks as well to my partners who have stood by me on this journey."

DeLaet has had 175 PGA Tour starts and earned $11.2m in the process. He is still looking for his first victory.

Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment