with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Saturday, March 26, 2022

**UPDATE ..Corey Conners beats Ancer 2up... advances to Sunday morning semi final ... live scoreboard

 WGC Dell Tech Match Play results  here

Corey Conners proved to be too much for the rising young Japanese star Takumi Kanaya who conceded the match on the 15th green with Connors 4up. The final score 5&3.

The tall Canuck says he's never driven the ball better than he is right now, none more so than a 360 yd bomb at the par 5 12th which led to the clinching birdie.

However his putter is working so far as well which is when he is a real handful, especially in match play.

He plays Mexican, Abraham Ancer this afternoon who simply shellacked Collin Morikawa who the talking heads in the broadcast booth were acclaiming the "world's best iron player" just recently. 7&6 was the final.

****SUNDAY EDIT .. Corey has defeated Abraham Ancer 2up to advance to the Sunday morning semi-finals, 18 hole elimination against an in form Kevin Kisner at 9.20am CST.

" I'm excited to be standing here, I'll have some adrenalin pumping that will help get me through tomorrow. I'm really driving the ball well and my irons are good and some putts are going in, so yes, I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

It got windier here this afternoon and I expect that will be the case tomorrow. It's hot out there but living in Florida it doesn't bother me. I like playing in Texas"

The other match is getting all the attention Dustin Johnson vs Brooks Koepka off at 9.05am cst,


Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment