with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Saturday, March 12, 2022

Brooke Henderson's birdie binge continues, T4 Honda LPGA Thailand....Saturday scoreboard

 LPGA: Honda LPGA Thailand... Saturday scoreboard here.

It will take 4 low scoring rounds to win this Honda LPGA Thailand and so far so good for Brooke Henderson.

Overnight here EST she went out and posted a -6 66 to go with 65 67 and at -18 she goes into Sunday T4 which is 3 behind the leader from Denmark Nanna Koerstz Madsen 65 64 66 -21.

Celine Boutier whose Thai parents moved to Paris when she was young is next 65 64 67 -20 with a Chinese called Xiyu Lin 64 66 66 -20.

Brooke was in great form with 7 birdies, just 1 bogey and 10 pars. She improved her driving 13/14 fairways, 12/18 greens in regulation and just 25 putts her best of the week, in fact of the year. She has an impressive 22 birdies and 4 bogey's in her 3 rounds.

"Unfortunately I missed that eagle putt at the last, that would have been a great way to finish with another shot in my favour, hopefully I'll just go out tomorrow and birdie the first couple of holes. I feel like I've been hitting the ball really well which is nice, so far I've been able to  make a few putts which always a good feeling. It was so hot today, I don't think I've ever been so hot in my life, so just trying to adjust to that a bit."

So on Sunday she will be in the penultimate group at 9.48am local, with Spain's Gabby Lopez and the tiny Japanese star Nasa Hataoka.

She said last week that she felt if she could just make a few more putts her "next win would be right around the corner"

Well she'll be standing on that corner come Sunday morning in Thailand.

Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment