with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Saturday, March 19, 2022

Continued fine form sees Hadwin 2nd at Valspar Championsip. Live Saturday scoring..

 PGA Tour: Valspar Championship Saturday scoreboard here

Adam Hadwin has had all aspects of his game in fine form on this Copperhead course, obviously one of his favourites after his win in 2017.


I watched him Friday morning driving the ball straight in the fairways, well over 300 yards when necessary, repeating quality approach irons, and although he did not convert several putts in the 10-20 feet mark, he posted another 6 birdies with just one bogey for -5 66 to go with the opening 64 to top the field at -12 until a late -10 61 -14 total by American Matt NeSmith left him alone in 2nd.

"I've putted extremely well, I made some key putts, the one for par at 7 was important to get me going, I was hitting some good putts previously but didn't get anything out of it. They started to find the center after that.

Other than that I think you have to keep the ball in play, hit the right side of the hole. I got away with a few things today, but for the most part hit a lot of good targets on the fat side of the  greens, giving myself chances for birdies.

Around here the guys who make the least mistakes do well, I feel relaxed around here. Some of those missed shots aren't bothering me so much, I'm doing a good job of taking each shot foe what it is, and trying not to get ahead of myself, and do my best with each individual shot.

There were a lot of Canadian flags everywhere 5 years ago, I won't be surprised to see the same again. Canadians travel really well and support their own, and we're no stranger to that. We get a lot of support wherever we go, it feels so good."

The cut fell at -3, Roger Sloan 71 69 -2 and Mac Hughes 70 71 -1 have missed the cut.

Along with Hadwin, Adam Svensson survived a bogey on his 17th hole to make it on the number 71 68. Nick Taylor 69 70 is in as well both T49th.

NeSmith a 28 year old from South Carolina ranked #279 had a career round with 8 birdies and an eagle for 61 to go with an opening 67 -14 total. 

Defending champion Sam Burns is at -11, Justin Thomas the top ranked player 66 66 -10. 72 players made the cut including Viktor Hovland Collin Morikawa  Dustin Johnson and Tyrrell Hatton all looking for big moves today.

WEATHER: No problems this week, calm conditions, partly sunny and hot, up to 80*f in the afternoon. 

****Hadwin and DeSmith are the final pairing at 2pm

Bryan Angus






No comments:

Post a Comment