with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Saturday, March 26, 2022

Conners makes the sweet 16. Hughes knocked out.....results, Saturday Matches

 WGC Dell Tech Match Play...Results and Saturday matches here 

With the round robin of the WGC Dell Tech Match Play decided late last night, the "Sweet 16" round begins this morning, 8 matches and you can see them all by clicking here

Corey Conners, right, and Mackenzie Hughes

Corey Conners emerged from a tough match with Alex Noren the winner 3&2 to finish 3-0-0

I'm obviously really happy, I've played well the last 2 days, that was a hard fought match,Alex played solid, we diidn't give anything away and I'm ;ucky to come out n top. 

I feel like I'm striking the ball really well, I'm driving it as well as II ever have and that's really important out here gettting into good position to attack some of these pins and make some birdies.

He plays Japan's Takumi Tanaya 8.41 local this morning

Mac Hughes birdied 3 of his last 4 holes to edge Matthew Wolff 1 up and finish his group 2-1-0 however Dustin Johnson beat Max Homa 1up to finish 3-0-0 and advance, knocking Hughes out.


Saturday 16 notables Leaderboard

Apart from the Conners match, I have to love England's John Bland (Blandy) at 49 surviving the round robin to take on Dustin Johnson in this morning's David vs Goliath match up. Blandy halved with DeChambeau, beat Talor Gooch and Lee Westwood.

'Of course he's the favourite but I'd like to think he has a match on his hands. I'm the obvious underdog so I have nothing to lose, let's see what happens."

Jon Rahm vs Koepka will be TV's marquee match, let's hope the director decides to spread the coverage around.

Scottie Scheffler's purple patch continues, after surviving a 6 hole playoff with Matt Fitzpatrick, he's first out this morning with defending champion Billy Horschel.

Format

Saturday : Round 4 this morning is the round of 16, 8 elimination matches

Round 5 will follow this afternoon with the quarter- finals, 4 elimination matches

Sunday:  morning Round 6 is the semi finals, 2 elimination matches will proceed to Round 7 in the afternoon, the championship match and the consolation match for 3rd and 4th.


Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment