with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Tommy Fleetwood set to defend his Nedbank Challenge ... Thursday TEE TIMES..

DP World Tour: Nedbank Challenge Tee Times

Tommy Fleetwood is thrilled to be back in South Africa for the defence of his Nedbank Golf Challenge title – three years on from joining a glittering list of winners.
Tommy Fleetwood-1440260672

The Englishman arrived at Gary Player Country Club in November 2019 without a win in nearly two years but reeled in a six shot deficit on his way to a thrilling play-off victory against Swede Marcus Kinhult. 

In doing so, he emulated some of golf’s greatest names including Seve Ballesteros, Bernhard Langer, Sir Nick Faldo and three-time winner Ernie Els.  

‘Africa’s Major’ is celebrating its milestone 40th anniversary this week, after the Covid-19 pandemic meant the event was not played in 2020 or 2021, and Fleetwood is relishing the honour of teeing it up in Sun City as the defending champion. 

This is a very special event for me,” he said.

“I grew up watching this event with my dad every year. I love the history behind it and the winners.

“When you walk down the ninth hole on the left and you see all the winners from all the years on that walkway, I often thought it would be great to add my name on there.”

Fleetwood’s victory last time out was his fifth DP World Tour triumph, and the World Number 25 has finished no worse than a tie for 21st in his five previous visits. 

He currently sits 13th in the DP World Tour Rankings in partnership with Rolex ahead of the penultimate event of the 2022 season, with reason for optimism that he can end his three-year winless run.

“To get that win was very cool,” he said. “And now I’ve defended it longer than anybody. I think we’re all excited to come back.”

This year the Nedbank Golf Challenge, part of the DP World Tour schedule since 2013, has a field of the top 60 available players from the DP World Tour Rankings in Partnership, the winner of last season's Sunshine Tour Order of Merit and five invites. 

“I love the game in this country and how popular golf is over here,” he added. “I’ve always enjoyed playing out here. 

“I’m a massive believer in the game of golf and the good it does and how happy it makes people. I feel very at home here in South Africa.

This is the essence of the European Tour/ DP World Tour

Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment