with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Monday, November 21, 2022

Lydia Ko wins LPGA Player of the Year, Brooke Henderson finishes 7th... final results

 LPGA: CME Group Tour Championship final results here.

Lydia Ko has scooped all the hardware this year after winning the CME Group Tour Championship.. more on that in a minute.

Brooke Henderson T7 68 74 65 72 -9. She wraps up her year with 10 top 10's in 22 starts, with 2 wins one a major in France the Amundi Evian Championship.

" It was nice to bounce back from my year last year, it wasn't my best. So I really wanted to come out strong which I did. I had a bunch of top 100''s earlt in the season then those two wins in the middle section felt nice. 

To finish the year with a top 10 feels good. I didn''t have my best stuff today but we did grind it out to make the top 10, I'm proud of that."

****She ends her year ranked 6th in the world, with the 3rd best scoring average 69.513 and 4th on the money list $2,413,251

Meanwhile Lydia Ko has won the 2022 Rolex Player of the Year Award with her win on the weekend. She also won the Vare Trophy for the season's lowest scoring average 68.9 just behind Annika Sorenstam's 68.7 on 2002.

Photo: Michael Reaves/Getty Images

She finished -17 and won the biggest cheque in women's golf $2,000,000. She had 3 wins and 11 top 10's this year and is now a 19 time winner

Ko now has accumulated 25 points toward her ineveitable entry into the LPGA Hall of Fame.. 27 points are required.

She entered the week as one of 4 women who could have won POY, the others Minjee Lee, Brooke Henderson and Atthaya Thitikul.

Bryan Angus



No comments:

Post a Comment