with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Sunday, February 2, 2020

The Waste Management Open doesn't need big stars to be entertaining..Finau leads Sunday scoreboard

Waste Management Open leaderboard https://www.pgatour.com/leaderboard.html

Big hitting Tony Finau has missed his last 4 cuts, but has found his game this week, and with a 62 yesterday he leads this Waste Management Open by a shot at -16, with Webb Simpson who has contended both here and all year so far in 2nd with a 64, -15.

"If I want to accomplish the things I feel like I can accomplish I have to put those types of expectations on myself, said Finau when asked about winning after a 4 year drought. I look forward to Sunday, my game's in a good place"

Hudson Swafford (66) and JB Holmes (70) are at -14, with Xander Schaufelle (66), Adam Long (66) and Scott Piercy (68) all at -13.

Jordan Spieth who has disappeared from the golf spotlight missed the cut and hasn't won in 57 starts since 2017. Ever the optimist he says he is on the rebound.

The 3 Canadians playing the weekend are not in contention. Adam Hadwin T40,72,-5..Nick Taylor T56 (71 -2).. Corey Connors T56 (71 -2) 

Anheiser Busch expects to sell 2 million beers over the week in the glorious sunshine of Phoenix making Waste Management the perfect sponsor, with line ups at the porta loos starting early and staying late, sorely testing the bladders surrounding the famous par 3 16th.

Golf purists my raise an eyebrow at the drunken antics of the many university students who pack that stadium, but I think over the week it's mainly fun, certainly entertaining, including the placing the flag ritual before each round when they parade the flag around the green to see where the crowd wants it to be placed before play begins. For the young women in skimpy outfits and appreciative young men, it's golf's version of Spring Break!

Its also a great deal for all you couch potatoes with the SuperBowl following right into Sunday night.

Best get your exercise in early !!

Bryan Angus


.
.



No comments:

Post a Comment