with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Sunday, July 15, 2018

Brooke Henderson starts final round leading the Marathon Classic by a shot

It's a busy day with the World Cup Final, and the Wimbledon Final at the top of the list. In golf I'm keeping my eye on David Hearn T7 -13 at the John Deere Classic https://www.pgatour.com/leaderboard.html, he is 9 shots behind runaway leader Micheal Kim.

The wind has dropped at the Scottish Open http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2018/tournamentid=2018058/leaderboard/index.html#/leaderboard
 as they play the final round in Gullane with Englishman Eddie Pepperall leading a tightly bunched pack at -17 as he is at -7 on today's round but is running out of holes.

The big golf story here is Brooke Henderson once again as she vies for her 7th pro win, leading the Marathon Classic by a shot over a great field near Toledo, Ohio.

LPGA Marathon Classic leaderboard
http://www.lpga.com/tournaments/marathon-classic-presented-by-owens-corning-and-o-i/leaderboard

Brooke admits she didn't have her A game on Saturday but still ground out a -2 69 -11 total to go out in the final group at 1.05 with Angela Stanford.

"This week, things have been clicking for me a little bit better than normal and I’m just excited to see my name at the top of the leaderboard. I would have liked to play a little better (Saturday), but I’m happy to still be in the top spot and hopefully, make a lot of birdies (Sunday),”

"I looked at the scores just walking by the leaderboard there and there are a lot of really awesome scores (Saturday). I know I have to make a lot of birdies and shoot an awesome score. I’m excited to be in this position. I was a little disappointed how I played today, but overall, I’m in a good spot,”

“I made some birdies but I made some bogeys. I didn’t hit it how I normally hit it, so I kind of grinded it out as best I could and that’s good. That’s a good sign when you can still shoot under par and not hit it very well.”

There are 19 players within 4 shots of her lead, so Brooke will need a gutsy performance to win it today.

Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment