with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Saturday, July 14, 2018

David Hearn returns to long putter, shoots 64, T2 at John Deere Classic

PGA Tour John Deere Classic leaderboard https://www.pgatour.com/leaderboard.html

David Hearn rode a hot putter to a -7 64 in the morning and held a brief lead at -12, but finished the day sitting T2, four shots off the lead at the rain delayed John Deere Classic in the Quad Cities on Friday.

He returned to the long putter that made him one of the games best putter's before the ban on anchoring took effect. " I was for a long time one of the best putter's on tour using that long putter method, and I went back to this a couple of month's ago and I had been tinkering with it off and on. I had gone to an arm lock a couple of year's ago"

Hearn was questioned about his putting stroke by PGA Tour officials and had to demonstrate that he was not anchoring.

" Honestly it's to be expected because there is a lot of opinions out there about anchoring rules. They were asking me about the way Im doing it, and I can say with certainty I'm not anchoring the putter. I had done a lot of things to my putter, including taking 2 inches off it. It's definitely taking a little bit of an adjustment period but it's starting to feel good this week so we'll see how it holds up over the weekend"

He has missed 8 cuts this year playing a limited schedule, his best finish a T10 in New Orleans, but he plays well at this event, remember he lost to Jordan Spieth in a playoff here in 2013.

American Micheal Kim, who is winless in 84 career PGA Tour starts, is -16 through 35 holes, and returns this morning to finish his 2nd round.

Other Canadians:  Nick Taylor T16 -7 (71), Mackenzie Hughes T34 -5 (65), Corey Conners T47 -4 (72) and Ben Silverman T66 -3 (67).

Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment