with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Saturday, July 28, 2018

RBC Canadian Open weekend..live scoring..7 Canucks to compete

RBC Canadian Open round 3 tee times https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/rbc-canadian-open/tee-times.html

RBC Canadian Open leaderboard https://www.pgatour.com/competition/2018/rbc-canadian-open/leaderboard.html

As always Glen Abbey looks beautiful, however the hot relatively benign conditions are leading to low scores, with the lead in the hands of a former champions son, Kevin Tway 66 65 -13. I remember his father Bob winning in Hamilton in 2003. No father son duo has ever won in the 109 year history of the Canadian Open.

This year 7 Canadians have made the cut led by Nick Taylor who carded a -5 68 to sit -9,T10. Ben Silverman came within a shot of the course record, his 63 moves him to  T15 at -8. Both of course are trying to win their national title, but are also trying to get into the PGA Tour top 125. Nick is 127th, Ben 135th and are trying to avoid going back to the Web.com Tour finals to maintain full-time status on the PGA Tour for next year.

Silverman had this to say post round. "I know exactly where I stand. I know pretty much what I have to shoot to secure my card for next year, so the focus with that is to go out and make birdies because I know I need them. I’m five shots back of the lead and I need to stay inside that top 10 to lock my card, so I’m still going to be pushing to catch the leaders as soon as I can and then, contend to win this tournament"

Playing his first RBC Canadian Open is 22 year old amateur Chris Crisologo of Richmond, B.C is playing very well at -7, 137 T23, as is Roger Sloan, 68 69 -7.

MacKenzie Hughes is at 69 69 -6 T37, David Hearn 68 72 and Ryan Yip 68 72 are T61 -4. The cut fell at -4.

Tway leads Whee Kim (65) and Keegan Bradley (63) by one shot. Bradley exemplified the days low scoring and the exciting last 4 holes at the Abbey with a birdie, eagle, birdie, eagle finish. He has 4 eagles in two rounds this week.

The weather looks well for the weekend, lot's of sunshine with the possibility of the odd shower or even thunder boomer, so I expect the low scores to continue on this tightly bunched leaderboard. RBC's #1 ambassador Dustin Johnson is lurking T6 68 66 -10, so watch for him this weekend. They are paying him a lot of bank money to represent their brand.

Bryan Angus



No comments:

Post a Comment