with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Friday, March 10, 2023

Pendrith, Svensson in top 5 at Players Championship ....full scoreboard

 PGA Tour : the Players Championship scoreboard here.

The world's top pros are playing for $25,000,000 with $4,500,000 to the winner at the PGA Tour flagship event, the Players Championship,

Sunny breezy day on a tight TPC SAWGRASS course at the home of the PGA in Ponte Verdra, Florida on the Atlantic coast 

The leader is a veteran American 30 yr old Chad Ramey from Mississippi -8 64.. Collin Morikawa is next -7 65 .

Canadians:

I watched a lot of Taylor Pendrith T3 -5 67 T3 on Tour Cast and he drove the ball really well with 14/14 fairways and with the thick rough and fast greens I though that was a key to his start. 

Taylor Pendrith (Claus Andersen/Mackenzie Tour File Photo)

In fact he left a few out there, like a 4 footer at the 7th after a great drive and approach. He played the course backwards and birdied the par 3 17th island green from the fringe, and eagled the par 5 16th with a towering iron approach to 8 feet from 255yds.

"I drove it really well, I managed my game and didn't leave myself in too many awkward spots around the greens. If you're playing from the rough all day it's really tough to get close to hole locations. The  greens are super firm.

I love it here, it really suits my eye and when you are driving it great it's a lot of fun."

Right behind him T6 -4 68 is Adam Svensson who got on a birdie run at 15,16 ,17 but gave one back with his only bogey at the 18th.

Adam Svensson

"The course is amazing, a bit windy and I hit some good quality shots and made some good putts. I have been struggling off the tee with my irons so it is nice to be hitting them solid again. My putting has been great the last two weeks, so I've just got to keep it rolling"

Adam Hadwin T33 -1 71 began on the 10th with 3 birdies, 2 bogey's for -1 35, then turned in E36 with 2 more bogey's and birdies.

The projected cut his morning is at E.

Nick Taylor +2 74 T96, Corey Connors and Mac Hughes both well back T108 +3 75 will need to be better today to make the cut.

Of note Rory began his day on #10 with a double bogey 6 and never got it going, struggling on the greens +4 76 T114 and his fellow Florida neighbour Shane Lowry was worse at +6 78.

Pre tournament favourite with the bookies Jon Rahm T33 -1 71.

WEATHER: Another hot sunny Florida day with the breeze from the west up to 14mph.

Bryan Angus


No comments:

Post a Comment