with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Saturday, April 14, 2018

Henderson hangs onto Lotte Championship lead as putter turns cold

LPGA Tour Lotte Championship leaderboard http://www.lpga.com/tournaments/lotte-championship-presented-by-hershey/leaderboard

Brooke Henderson will be in the final group later today at this Lotte Championship in Hawaii. With rounds of 68 66 73 -9 she leads the field by a single shot over Mo Martin (72 -8) and Nasa Hataoka (68 -7). They will play together with Inbee Park (71 -7), Shanshan Feng (74 -6) and Lizette Salas (70 -6) in the penultimate group ahead.

She started her third round just like she'd been playing in her first two rounds using only 50 putts. With 3 birdies at the turn, her lead was 5 strokes, and after a bogey at the 12th, she added another birdie on the 13th.

However the putter caught cold on the way to the par 3 16th green where she made a four-putt double, then she hit her approach over the green on 18 and made bogey from the back bunker. She came home in 39 strokes and finished at -9 and had this to say afterwards about her 35 putts.

"I hit it so well today that it kind of sucks to walk off the course 1-over when I know it could've been so much better, but on the plus side I'm still leading, which is always great going into the final round. Hopefully I can hit it just as well as I had today and hopefully make a few more putts." 
I've been kind of struggling with my putting all year. First few rounds, I had it going and I felt confident with it; then on the back nine I just kept missing I just felt like every single putt and kind of I got a little bit down. That's always a terrible way to be, especially when you're still leading the tournament "  
I would've liked it to be a lot more, but one shot is good. I know there are still a ton of really talented players really close behind me, so I'll have to go out and make a lot of birdies and hopefully it's my day "       
     
Other Canadian scores: Brittany Marchand 72 72 74 +2 T41, Alena Sharp 69 78 73 +4 T58, Maude Aimee LeBlanc 73 72 76 +5 T64. Anne Catherine Tanguay MC

Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment