with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Saturday, April 14, 2018

Brooke Henderson wins Lotte Championship in Hawaii

LPGA Tour Lotte Championship final leaderboard http://www.lpga.com/tournaments/lotte-championship-presented-by-hershey/results

Playing through gusty winds and rain Brooke Henderson shot a -3 69 to pull away from a stellar field to win the Lotte Championship by 4 shots at  -12. She made two birdies late on her back nine for her 6th professional win...2 short of Sandra Post..

She was asked about her struggles with the putter on Saturday afternoon. "I just had to overcome that and fortunately I did. There were a couple of times I was shaky with it but I remembered al the great putting I did in the first two rounds, just tried to stay calm and relaxed, see the line and hit it there, and I made quite a few good putts coming in, so I'm happy with that. 

On the windy conditions: The wind conditions were incredible. It was so windy every single day. I think Brit and I did such an amazing job of adjusting and calculating yardages.

It's my 6th win on tour, I'm so happy. This is another dream come true. I couldn't have donr it without my sister. Watching Pernilla Lindberg win in a plaoff at the ANA was a lot of motivation and really inspired me. She had determination and grit and I was like, I can do that too. I kind of owe her this week"

Brooke also added she dedicated her win to the Humboldt Broncos hockey team and the tragedy they are dealing with.

This was her 4th top 10 in 8 outings so far, this one was worth $300,000. !  Other Canadian final scores : Alena Sharp T44 +4, Maude Aimee LeBlanc, Brittany Marchand T50 +5.

Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment