with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Friday, April 13, 2018

Brooke Henderson riding hot putter to lead the Lotte Championship in Hawaii

LPGA Tour Lotte Championship leaderboard http://www.lpga.com/tournaments/lotte-championship-presented-by-hershey/leaderboard

Overnight, while we here in Toronto licked our wounds after the Leafs 5-1 shellacking by the Bruins in game 1 of their series, Brooke Henderson carried the Canadian flag with distinction and added another bogey free -6 66 to her opening 68, and she leads the Lotte Championship at -10 by 2 shots going into this weekend.

Playing in windy conditions at the Ko Olina GC on the island of Oahu, Henderson hasn't made a bogey in her two rounds, she has only used 26 and 24 putts and is bombing the ball over 290yds off the tee. Today she had 6 birdies, out in 32 back in 34, playing very early and starting on the 10th tee.

"Today was a lot of fun, I got off to a really fast start," said Henderson, who said she played more aggressively in round two after the fast start. "I made a lot of clutch par saves to keep the momentum and keep it bogey-free. I feel like I'm in a great spot and I'm hitting the ball really well and I can depend on my putting right now"

"The wind wasn't as strong early today and there were softer conditions. Fortunately it didn't rain too hard and it helped with the softness of the course. I've struggled early in the year with the putting so I'm thankful for my putter this week," explained Henderson, who finished T11 in Hawaii last year. "I'm seeing the lines and I'm really confident with my putter right now"

Other Canadian scores.. Brittany Marchand  T24 E, 72 72, Maude Aimee LeBlanc T31 +1 72 73, Alena Sharp T57 +3 69 78.. Anne Catherine Tanguay MC 81 75 +12. All the Canadian women including Henderson, who started playing hockey when she was eight, are wearing a yellow and green ribbons to honor the 16 killed in the Humboldt Broncos bus accident

American Mo Martin and Chinese star Shanshan Feng are next at -8.

Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment