with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Friday, October 27, 2017

Dustin Johnson shoots 63 to edge Koepka at WGC HSBC Champions

WGC HSBC Champions leaderboard https://www.pgatour.com/competition/2018/wgc-hsbc-champions/leaderboard.html

Brooks Koepka followed his opening 64 with a -4 68 but his -12 total wasn't enough to keep his lead, as Dustin Johnson, playing with a Spider putter he received just 20 minutes before he teed off, overpowered the Shenshan International course with -9 63 to get to -13.

Justin Rose (68) and Kirsdech Aphibarnrat (70) are next, T3 at -9. Adam Hadwin 69 74 -1 is T38.

Johnson didn't like any of the 3 putters he had with him so ordered another, which arrived at the last minute. "The guys here in China made me one. I got it right before I walked to the tee,” Johnson said. “I hit a few putts on the practice green with it and I was like, ‘Oh, this will work pretty well.’ Went out and holed a lot of putts today, so I kind of like it.

Koepka and Johnson are not exactly quote machines as far as the media are concerned, both fabulously wealthy, very laid back, pretty quiet guys, they are actually next door neighbours in Florida and you may remember were partners at the Presidents Cup, which was the last time DJ swung a club before this week.

Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment