with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Thursday, April 21, 2011

Westwood 2 off the lead in Indonesia

europeantour.com..Siddikur of Bangldesh leads the Indonesian Masters after an opening round of 66 but knows playing partner Lee Westwood - chasing the World Number One ranking - is only two shots behind.

Siddikur finished -6 to hold a one shot lead ahead of six other players - Thai pair Thongchai Jaidee and Prayad Marksaeng, Singapore's Lam Chih Bing, Filipino Antonio Lascuna and Koreans Park Hyun-bin and Hwang In-choon.

Westwood then leads five players two shots back, tied with Rory Hie, Ben Leong, Darren Beck and Mo Joong-kyung.


Should Luke Donald fail to win The Heritage in the United States this week, Westwood can overhaul Martin Kaymer at the top of the Official World Golf Ranking.

Westwood had been struggling with his putting but closed with a pair of birdies."I played solidly but I was a bit frustrated out there," he said. "It has been the story for me so far, hitting it great from tee to green and giving myself a lot of chances but not taking it."

However, he insisted the ranking was not on his mind.

"I'll let things take their course and see what happens at the end of the week," he said. "Like I said before, I'm here to win a golf tournament."

Bryan Angus also on twitter @mummmbles

No comments:

Post a Comment