with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Sunday, April 3, 2022

Bogey free Henderson surges at the Kupcho Show Chevron Championship...live Sunday scoreboard

 LPGA: Chevron Championship SUNDAY scoreboard here 

Let's state the obvious, it was the Jennifer Kupcho Show on another spectacular day in the Coachella Valley where Mission Hills is hosting it's final LPGA event, the Chevron Championship.

Katelyn Mulcahy

Kupcho shot -8 64, -16 a new course and tournament record for this 3rd year pro from Colorado and a 6 shot lead over Patty Tavatanakit (-2 70 -9) last years winner.

You may remember she won the original Augusta National Women's Amateur 3 years ago and a NCAA Individual Championship 4 years ago at Wake Forest.

Now Kupcho had "everything working" on Saturday, so in my opinion is unlikely to duplicate that round today, stats show they rarely do, however think of it this way, even if she shoots -2 70 to get to -18, Patty has to shoot -9 63 just to catch her. Obviously all the stars lined up behind her need Jennifer's help.

So it's her to win, or lose today.

That was a pity for Brooke Henderson who had by far her best round of the week -5 67 to surge 48 places up the scoreboard to T5 -6. She was bogey free with the 5 birdies and she said "just burned the edges or I could have had a few more" She only used 27 putts.

"Things just started to click today, I didn't quite feel myself out there the first two rounds, I was happy to make the weekend, so to have a better day today was nice, the crowds have been just phenomenal, I can feel their support.

Same game plan for tomorrow, hope the putter stays hot" As for the driver?  "Yeah it's been going pretty well, and I've hit a bunch of fairways too which is great" 

Weather: another picture perfect day at Mission Hills. I'm not sure how the locals deal with nothing but warm/hot sunshine day in and out in this arid part of the world, I do enjoy the seasons, with all the quirks they bring, like stinking humidity and -20*c....wait did I just say  that !!

Bryan Angus




No comments:

Post a Comment