with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Thursday, July 2, 2015

Tiger, Bubba, John Daly all in this year's Greenbrier Classic..

PGA Tour Greenbrier Classic scoreboard http://espn.go.com/golf/leaderboard?tour=pga

There are 5 Canadians set this morning to tee it up down in West Virginia at Sam Snead's old stomping grounds, White Sulpher Springs for the Greenbrier Classic (Sam won it 8 times), this year long hitting Angel Cabrera defends his title and last year he put on a long driving display I will never forget.

Adam Hadwin, Roger Sloan, Graham Delaet, David Hearn and Nick Taylor are joined in a rare performance by Tiger and John Daly, heck even Bubba is in the field, so lot's of interest here this week.

I looked in my rolodex and sure enough I still have Sam Snead's number at his house, I remember the last time I called him, his wife answered and said he was outside cutting the lawn !.. His son came to the phone and I did the interview with him..

This is the course where Aussie Stuart became the 5th player in history to shoot 59. Appleby's 59 in 2010 was the first on the PGA Tour carded on a par-70 course, and he finished 22-under 258 for the tournament, one stroke clear of overnight leader Jeff Overton who shot a three under 67 to end at 21-under. It was Appleby's 9th PGA Tour win.

Play gets underway at 7am.

Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment