with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Sunday, September 29, 2024

Rahm in Sunday shootout in Madrid...live scoreboard

 DP World Tour : Spanish Open Leaderboard

Leader Angel Hidalgo and three-time champion Jon Rahm played themselves into an all-Spanish final group at the 2024 acciona Open de España presented by Madrid.

Spanish shoot-out set for Sunday as Jon Rahm turns up heat on Angel Hidalgo

The pair will play Sunday’s round alongside compatriot David Puig, with all three under par by double figures as Hidalgo leads by two strokes on -13 under 68

Rahm played much of the round without his damaged driver but birdied two of the last three holes to reach 11 under, with Puig a further shot back as both carded 65s.

“I know David really well, I played with him when I was young. Jon, what can I say? He's the G.O.A.T. in this tournament. I can't wait to arrive at the first tee tomorrow.”

Rahm needed repairs to his driver after experiencing issues with it early in his round. 

He insisted the absence of his driver “didn't really affect me too much” but added: “I was happy to hear on 12 that I was going to have it by 14. I think it might have been a little moment of happiness that gave me a boost for the rest of the round.”

Looking ahead to Sunday, he said: “I'm very excited. I have yet to be paired with (Puig) in any tournament, I'm glad our first time is going to be here in the final group."

England's Joe Dean and American Patrick Reed share fourth place at eight under, with Sweden's Jens Fahrbring and another Spaniard in Adri Arnaus a shot further back.

europeantour.com

Bryan Angus (edit)



No comments:

Post a Comment