with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Saturday, April 17, 2021

Superb 64 has Connors in contention again, RBC Heritage Saturday TEE TIMES/scoreboard

 RBC Heritage Saturday TEE TIMES/leaderboard here

He has carried the form from 68 of the 72 holes last week at Augusta, Corey Connors got on a roll on his last nine holes on Friday, making 6 birdies in 9 holes for 30, on his way to -7 64, the only blemish a double bogey at the par 3 14th when his tee shot found water.

His -11 would normally be enough to lead, but he's 2nd after Stewart Cink, a past winner here, went out and set a 36 hole scoring record with 63 63 -16. Cink (47) as I mentioned yesterday was simply lost in golf's "waiting for the senior tour wilderness", hadn't won in 11 years until last September in the wrap around season when he triumphed at the Safeway, in California.

Corey has 3 top 10's in his last 5 events said " A lot of positives, I'm feeling good about my game, hit a lot of nice irons, and feel good about my putter as well. I'm giving myself a lot of chance and it's nice to see some go in, let's hope I can keep that up into the weekend."

He and Cink are the final pairing today at 2.10pm

Mac Hughes (71) T34 -4 is the other Canadian playing the weekend.

Weather: A cloudy cool day by Hilton Head, SC standards with very little wind to speak of, a little breeze for the leaders, 9mph S, so ideal for scoring again.

Bryan Angus


No comments:

Post a Comment