with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Friday, June 29, 2018

Henderson leads a great start for Canadians at KMPG Women's PGA Championship

KMPG Women's PGA Championship leaderboard http://www.lpga.com/tournaments/kpmgwomenspgachampionship/leaderboard

Brooke Henderson led the Canadian contingent to a great start at the KPMG Women's PGA Championship. She won it in 2016 and was a shot out of the playoff last year, in fact she has never finished worse that T5.

After 6 birdies on her back nine, she overcame a bogey, bogey start and carded a -5 67 to sit just a stroke back of the lead with Jessica Korda, Jaye Marie Green and Brittany Altomore. She is playing with a new version of the Ping Craz-E putter.

" I shot a 30 on the back nine which gives me a lot of confidence and momentum going into Friday which is nice. I think one thing about having my sister on the bag is she always knows the right thing to say, just kind of getting me to calm down, relax a bit and just to believe I could finish strong"

She's not alone in the top 10 as Maude-Aimee Leblanc shot (68) and Alena Sharp had a fine (69). Further Brittany Marchand  who shot 71 won a 2019 Kia Sorento with a hole in one at the 175 yard 17th!  Anne-Catherine Tanguay, carded a +4 76

2017 US Open champion, South Korea’s Sung Hyun Park shot a bogey-free -6 66 to take the first-round lead at this Kemper Lakes course outside Chicago.

Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment