with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Thursday, January 27, 2022

Mac Hughes explains why he was penalized 2 shots at Farmers Insurance... live Thursday leaderboard

 PGA Tour: Farmers Insurance leaderboard here

Since I didn't see it on TV, I think all of us were surprised when we found out why Mac Hughes went from a possible 4 to a 7 on the par 5 9th on Wednesday at the Farmers Insurance. Mac had gone out off the 10th with a bogey free, 3 birdie -3 33, then he had a bogey at the 4th, but birdies at 5th and 7th, so was at -4 until the 9th. Here's what Mac posted to us all on twitter.


Well I hit my second shot on the par 5 9th short left of the green. I went to where it was marked with a flag and hit my chip to 6 feet. When I marked it I realized it wasn’t my ball. Turns out it was about 8 feet from where the flag was. Went from maybe 4 to 7 pretty quick.

So remember he was in the rough so the marking on his ball may not have been clear, so assuming the marker was correct he went ahead. Many pros play the same ball, that's why they all personalize their own.

As a result he incurred a 2 shot penalty and with his -2 70 on the North Course, he begins play today (Thursday) T53 instead of T9 -5.

Meanwhile Michael Gligic and Taylor Pendrith are off to solid starts on the easier North course with -5 67 T9, four shots off the pace.

The leader is globe trotter Billy Horschel who also played the North with a -9 63. 

Other Canadian scores: Adam Svensson (SC) T96 E, Adam Hadwin (NC) T113 +1,73, Nick Taylor (SC) T113, +1 73, Corey Connors (SC) +3 75 T136, Jared du Toit (SC) +5 77 T145, Maxwell Sear (SC) +7 79 T152

Bryan Angus 




No comments:

Post a Comment