with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Alena Sharp returns in fine form, T2 at Blue Bay LPGA in China

LPGA Tour Blue Bay LPGA leaderboard http://www.lpga.com/leaderboard

After 6 weeks off, she hadn't played since the Evian Championship, she played and won an event on the Cactus Tour as a warm up last week, Alena Sharp has opened with a -3 69 T2 at the windswept Blue Bay LPGA on Hainan Island in China.

" I didn't have a great year last season, played a lot and it seemed to drag me down, so I've been at home getting caught up, answering mail and all those everyday things. I spent a couple of weeks with my coach getting ready. "

Alena's story has had many twists and turns, but from my experience she has always been a very shy woman, who was very hard on herself and pretty gruff with the media. However at 35 she seems happier in her own skin, the fact that she openly came out for the first time to talk about the fact she is gay last year, and in love with her bubbly caddy Sarah Bowman may have had a co-relation.

Diminutive Thai golfer Thidapa Suwannapura shot a -4 68 to lead the tournament by one shot from her compatriot Ariya Jutanugarn and Alena.

Six other players, including three other Thai players, were two shots back and five others were three off the lead in the 72-hole tournament, which concludes the LPGA's Tour's Asian swing.

Brittany Marchand is T15 E 72.

Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment