with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Wi leads at Pebble Beach, Lorie Kane T5 after 3 rounds Australian Open..full scoreboards, tee times

* Breaking News live scoreboard click  http://www.lpgascoring.com/public/Leaderboard.aspx?TournamentID=27853
Lorie Kane is T5 at the Australian Open as round 3 has just finished. Her 72,73,72 -2 is just 2 shots off the lead. Rebecca Lee-Bentham shot 73 and is T40......

Charlie Wi leads the AT&T Pebble Beach National ProAm by 3 shots at the halfway stage, and Tiger had another steady but unspectacular day with a -2 68 to stand 6 shots back, more of that later, first how did our Canucks do..

Graham Delaet started off the back nine at Spyglass with birdies at 11 and 13 but then in the space of 11 holes he made 2 doubles and 3 bogey's out in 36, back in 41 77 to drop to T61 at -1

Matt McQuillan split 4 birdies and 4 bogey's for an E par 70 at Monterey T98 AT +1

Mike Weir didn't have one of his best days at Pebble Beach with 5 bogey's and 4 birdies +1 73 T98. He was near the bottom of the field in Driving Accuracy T129 and GIR T121. By the way I told you last week the 2 time winner of next week's Northern Trust at Riviera was refused a sponsor's invitation. Here's what another veteran lefty had to say about that.

Steve Flesch @southpaw444

I don't care what criteria sponsors "claim" to use to determine who gets exemptions. Mike Weir not getting one into @NTrustOpen is a mockery

T61 55 106 Graham DeLaet (SH) -1 F* 5 info 66 77 143

T98 16 172 Matt McQuillan (MP) 1 F E info 73 70 143
T98 10 172 Mike Weir (PB) 1 F 1 info 70 73 143

Now for the rest of the story and by the way if you didn't see any, the day at Carmel Bay started off sunny and calm but later the breeze got up and the rain moved in.

pgatour.com   Charlie Wi escaped most of the rain at Pebble Beach, where he holed a wedge from the 13th fairway for eagle and limited the damage to a bogey on his final hole for a -3 69 that allowed him to open a three-shot lead.

Dustin Johnson was caught off guard by the rain in the worst way. He stood in the fourth fairway at Spyglass with a short-sleeve shirt, hands thrust in his pocket, as his caddie sent a friend running up the hill to the parking lot to retrieve his rain gear. His short game let him down, and the two-time Pebble champion had to settle for a 72 that put him three back.

Padraig Harrington had a 66 at Pebble Beach and was among those tied for third. Harrington had five birdies in a six-hole stretch early in his round, the exception coming at the par-5 sixth.

Woods, meanwhile, again looked poised to make a move over at Monterey Peninsula. He missed a 5-foot birdie putt on No. 9 and failed to make birdie on the par-5 10th when he pulled his second shot into the gallery. He had to settle for a -2 68, leaving him six behind

From what I saw Tiger is close to scoring low because he again this week has his driver under control for the most part, and is playing some pinpoint irons. However he took 33 putts again, something he later attributed not to bad fundamentals but simply putting the ball in the wrong spot on the greens.

I must mention Phil Mickelson who I have been critical of recently. He struggled in the sunshine however when the rain came, he ran off five birdies for a 65 at Monterey Peninsula that put him five shots behind at -7 135
21 year old Danny Lee the 1st round leader with that 63, was 10 shots worse at Spyglass. His 73 drops him to -8 T3 along with Vijay Singh who posted his 2nd 68, this time at Spyglass. Vijay is flying under the radar these days, but is feeling fitter again and his recent play has reflected that.

Vijay turns 50 on February 22, 2013 and this guy is going to just dominate the Champions Tour if his health holds up and another note, earlier this week I reported that Daniel Chopra made 2 holes in one during 1 practice round... He is 2rd last in the field at +9..

full scoreboard click here http://www.pgatour.com/leaderboards/current/r005/
round 3 tee times click http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/r005/tee-times.html

Weather  It is going to be a very cool damp weekend on the Monterey Peninsula with a high of 13*c and a breeze getting up. There is a chance of rain today (20%), in other words typical weather for this AT&T in February at Pebble Beach.

The field continues to rotate through the 3 courses today and the cut for the final field on the links at Pebble Beach will be made tonight.

Play is currently underway in Dubai with Rory McIlroy and Thomas Bjorn leading. Full report to follow.

Bryan Angus also on twitter@mummmbles

No comments:

Post a Comment